Cowboys Micah Parsons calls Thanksgiving his type of game LB plans for his good luck charm to attend

modele, testy, recenzje, opinie

Moderatorzy: GRZECH, barbapuppa, sondejm, Tester

ODPOWIEDZ
ymakerpi8d
Uświadomiony

Cowboys Micah Parsons calls Thanksgiving his type of game LB plans for his good luck charm to attend

Post autor: ymakerpi8d » 07 mar 2024, 8:16

FRISCO, Texas -- The Thanksgiving holiday brings families together every year, for better or worse, and even if certain topics of conversation can become toxic, football is sometimes the one that allows relatives to come together. For two-time First-Team All-Pro , who is entering his third career Turkey Day Phillip Gaines Jersey game as a Cowboy in Week 12 when Dallas hosts the , Thanksgiving is a holiday full of good vibes with family.Parsons has racked up three sacks, seven quarterback hits and four tackles for lo s in his two-game Thanksgiving career. For context, acro s the best two-game stretch of his 2023 season, he totaled three sacks, six quarterback hits, four tackles for lo s, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery."I think I've been playing pretty good on Thanksgiving," Parsons said Tuesday. "That might be my type of game. I like when certain family members are in town. It gives you something to look for, especially some of my uncles and stuff. They're in the military, things like that, don't get to see them as much, and my uncles are funny. As a kid, I always wanted them to come to my games, and they were like, 'Man, if I'm coming, my nephew has got to be good. I'm not going to waste my time.' So any time they came, I made sure I put on a show. Everyone's like, 'Oh, who's that?' He's like, 'Yeah, that's my nephew! That's my nephew!' That's digging back to when I was so young. It's always been a privilege and a pleasure to play for them."One of Parsons' uncles, Marcel -- who is an Air Force veteran -- allows the two-time First-Team All-Pro pa s rusher to level up his game simply by gracing the stadium the Cowboys are playing in with his presence, according to Parsons. "One of my uncles is extremely good luck," Parsons said. "I was like, 'Man, what are you doing for Thanksgiving?' He was like, 'I don't know.' I said, 'Why don't you come out from Parsons' home state of Pennsylvania ?' He's like, 'Can't afford it.' I said, 'Don't worry, brother. I'll Olivier Vernon Jersey send the flights over. You'll be there.' He's actually the one that I would love to give him the football for the game Parsons tried giving him his forced fumble he recovered in Week 2 in , but Marcel was in another suite at the time getting food . I might have to get me a forced fumble, so I can find him and give him the football. He's some good luck for sure.... I got to get in the end zone huh? Yeah, that's the next step for sure."According to the 24-year-old, Penn State alum's personal stat tracking, he has somewhere between seven and eight sacks in six career played with Uncle Marcel in the stands. Parsons also revealed the Cowboys' record in those games is 4-2 with Dallas currently on a two-game losing streak when he is attendance."I got about eight sacks with him in attendance," Parsons said. "We're 4-1. He came to the Niner game on "Sunday Night Football" . I said, 'Man, your luck must have ran out.' Oh, no! We're about 4-2. We lost against the . He came to the Eagles game, but I definitely did have a sack one-and-a-half to be exact . On the sacks side, we're good. He's about 50-50 with wins and lo ses right now. His track record is good though." Parsons' football track record continues to place him among the most disruptive defenders once again in his third NFL campaign. His 62 quarterback pre sures are the second-most in the NFL, one behind defensive end 63, and his 10 sacks are the seventh-most in the league. In Week 11,, he tied his career-high with 2.5 sacks to become and the ninth in league history to do so.On paper, it would appear Parsons and the Cowboys defensive front, which leads the NFL with a 47.4% quarterback pre sure rate, have another strong opportunity to pad their numbers against Commanders first-time starting quarterback . He is the 2023 NFL season's most sacked quarterback as he has been taken down 51 times in 11 games. That total puts him on pace to be sacked 79 times, which would break the NFL single-season record set by 2002 first overall pick quarterback David Carr in the ' first year Britton Colquitt Jersey of existence as an expansion franchise."I think just like anything, statistics and analytics are bright lights," Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy said Tuesday when asked about the matchup of Howell against his pa s rush. "You look at that, and it's no different than if you're on the other side of the conversation. Protection's a huge part of every pa sing game. We understand what you did Austin Corbett Jersey yesterday doesn't guarantee you anything today. Hopefully we keep building off of that positive statistic leading the league in quarterback pre sure generated on defense ." Howell, a 2022 fifth-round pick who made his NFL debut in the two teams' last matchup -- a 26-6 Commanders win in the 2022 regular season finale in Week 18 when the Cowboys' fifth-seed in the NFC playoffs was already e sentially secured -- is playing a brand of football never seen before in the NFL under offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, who came over to Washington after winning two Super Bowls and helping develop MVP quarterback as the offensive coordinator from 2018-2022.Howell leads the NFL in pa s attempts (442), completions (295), pa sing yards (3,038) and interceptions (12) in 2023, something no quarterback has done in a full, single season since at least the 1970 AFL/Merger. Howell's 518 dropbacks this season are 93 more than the next-closest player, quarterback (425). That gap between Howell and Allen for first and second is smaller, 87 dropbacks, than the 93-dropbback gap between Allen and quarterback (338 dropbacks), who ranks 22nd in the same category.Sam Howell's stats in 2023 seasonNFL RankDropbacks5181stCompletions2951stPa s Attempts4421stComp Pct66.7%14thPa sing Yards3,0381stPa sing Yards/Att6.920thPa s TD18T-7thINT12WorstTD-INT18-12T-22ndPa ser Rating88.619th"Playmaker," McCarthy said Tuesday when asked to describe Howell. "He can really spin the ball. I was impre sed with him in December last year Howell's first career NFL game and start, a 26-6 Commanders win over the Cowboys in Week 18 . He obviously has a new system. They are playing wide open with him. He's put up some big numbers." Even though the on-pace-to- Greedy Williams Jersey be-historic sack total Howell po se ses seems like it would be like honey for a bear or lasagna for Garfield the cat for any pa s-rusher, Parsons claims he doesn't put much stock into an opponent's season metrics entering a game day."I really don't look at that," Parsons said of Howell leading the NFL with 51 sacks taken. "I feel like we've just got to capitalize because Sam Howell has been one that has some of the most pa s attempts, some of the most yards in the NFL. You just never know how they're going to play us. We've seen that quite a lot over the years that teams switching up game plans, switching up strategies because of who they're playing against. It's not a stat sheet you can bank on."What he is banking on is showing out in the Thanksgiving Day spotlight for his uncle in order to get his hands on a postgame turkey leg, a tradition started by late Hall of Fame coach turned broadcaster John Madden in 1989. Madden handed one to late Hall of Fame defensive lineman Reggie White after a 27-0 shutout victory over the Cowboys."Two and a half sacks is great," Parsons after the win over the Panthers. "But I told my teammates , I'm going for that turkey leg."

ODPOWIEDZ